Creation of Pipeline by providing Confluent Schema Registry

Hi Team,

I am trying to create a kafka pipeline with confluent schema registry but it is failing with syntax error.

I am referring to below link while creating the pipeline with schema registry and sample code attached.

CREATE OR REPLACE PIPELINE test_schema_reg_pipeline
AS LOAD DATA KAFKA ‘#ip#:9099/test_topic’
BATCH_INTERVAL 2500
ENABLE OUT_OF_ORDER OPTIMIZATION
INTO TABLE test_avro_schema_regis
FORMAT AVRO
SCHEMA REGISTRY ‘#ip#:8081’
(
test_avro_schema_regis.id ← %::id,
test_avro_schema_regis.data ← %::data
)

Your quick support is highly appreciable

Hi @naga.s! Welcome to the forums.

What is the syntax error?

Hi @hanson, thank you for quick revert. Below is the the error.

Error:
org.jkiss.dbeaver.model.sql.DBSQLException: SQL Error [1064] [42000]: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘REGISTRY ‘#IP Address #:8081
(
drop_me_schema_reg.id <- %::id,
drop_me_schem’ at line 1
at org.jkiss.dbeaver.model.impl.jdbc.exec.JDBCStatementImpl.executeStatement(JDBCStatementImpl.java:134)
at org.jkiss.dbeaver.ui.editors.sql.execute.SQLQueryJob.executeStatement(SQLQueryJob.java:463)
at org.jkiss.dbeaver.ui.editors.sql.execute.SQLQueryJob.lambda$0(SQLQueryJob.java:402)
at org.jkiss.dbeaver.model.exec.DBExecUtils.tryExecuteRecover(DBExecUtils.java:148)
at org.jkiss.dbeaver.ui.editors.sql.execute.SQLQueryJob.executeSingleQuery(SQLQueryJob.java:394)
at org.jkiss.dbeaver.ui.editors.sql.execute.SQLQueryJob.extractData(SQLQueryJob.java:764)
at org.jkiss.dbeaver.ui.editors.sql.SQLEditor$QueryResultsContainer.readData(SQLEditor.java:2928)
at org.jkiss.dbeaver.ui.controls.resultset.ResultSetJobDataRead.lambda$0(ResultSetJobDataRead.java:98)
at org.jkiss.dbeaver.model.exec.DBExecUtils.tryExecuteRecover(DBExecUtils.java:148)
at org.jkiss.dbeaver.ui.controls.resultset.ResultSetJobDataRead.run(ResultSetJobDataRead.java:96)
at org.jkiss.dbeaver.ui.controls.resultset.ResultSetViewer$17.run(ResultSetViewer.java:3427)
at org.jkiss.dbeaver.model.runtime.AbstractJob.run(AbstractJob.java:103)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘REGISTRY ‘#IP Address #:8081
(
drop_me_schema_reg.id <- %::id,
drop_me_schem’ at line 1
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:120)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:97)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionsMapping.translateException(SQLExceptionsMapping.java:122)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.StatementImpl.executeInternal(StatementImpl.java:764)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.StatementImpl.execute(StatementImpl.java:648)
at org.jkiss.dbeaver.model.impl.jdbc.exec.JDBCStatementImpl.execute(JDBCStatementImpl.java:338)
at org.jkiss.dbeaver.model.impl.jdbc.exec.JDBCStatementImpl.executeStatement(JDBCStatementImpl.java:131)
… 12 more

Could you confirm what version you are using? Schema registry is only supported in version 7.1.12 and above and 7.3.x.

@rob, our version is 7.1.7, thanks for the update. I will check if we can upgrade from our side.