Anyone else have SingleStore Studio crash after looking at Active Queries?

So here are 2 scenarios that is causing SingleStore Studio to crash.

1. I had SingleStore studio on my local Docker Desktop and thought it was the issue whenever I when to look at an active queries It would crash.

2. I tried it again on another SIngleStore Studio installed on a server this time and did the same issue no matter which Server I would connect to look at Active Queries.

Anyone else have this problem?

Hello,
Can you please inform me about which Studio version are you running on?
Can you see any error when Studio crashes? Does it crash right after opening the Active Queries page?

Thanks,
Marta

1 Like

Studio Version 4.0.6

Alau,
There is no known error on the Active Queries page in Studio 4.0.6. Can you please give me more information about the error so I can try to reproduce it on my side?
Can you see any error when Studio crashes? Does it crash right after opening the Active Queries page or when you click anywhere?

Thank you,
Marta

There is no error message. It just loads a blank page after you look at active queries and it spins. I can reproduce the issue at anytime on my end.

1. Go to Active Queries
  2. Keeps Spinning (Even though I can run a separate query and see nothing is really active)
  3. Wait about 1 min or 2 and the whole page goes to white (whether you stay in that page or go somewhere else like “Nodes”)

Can you please collect the logs on your side for us to investigate?
Studio is a JavaScript application running in a browser and as such, in order to get the logs of the application, we need to actually get the logs of the browser’s JavaScript console.
(None of this is MemSQL Studio specific, all of these steps apply to any standard browser JavaScript application)

Google Chrome

1. Open the JavaScript Console (Ctrl+Cmd+J on macOS, Ctrl+Shift+J on Windows/Linux, or selecting “JavaScript Console” from within “Tools” in the Chrome Menu)
  2. Change the “Log Levels” dropdown on top to include “Verbose”:
  3. Right click on the white space in the JavaScript Console and select “Save As” from the menu
  4. Save the .log file somewhere

Mozilla Firefox

1. Open the JavaScript Console (Ctrl+Cmd+J on Mac, Ctrl+Shift+J on Windows/Linux, or selecting “Browser Console” from within “Web Developer” in the Firefox Menu, or inside the Menu Menu on macOS)
  2. Enable the “Verbose” logging level on top:
  3. Right click on the white space in the Console and click “Select All” from the menu
  4. Copy everything you just selected and save it onto a text file

If you prefer to send it by email, please forward it to mvasconcelos@singlestore.com and I’ll take a look at them.
Thanks,
Marta

Hi and thank you for the instructions. I am using chrome and got all the way to “Log Levels”. I cannot seem to find that on any dropdown.

Can you see a filter icon? You may find some help here enable/disable log levels google-chrome-devtools via settings - Stack Overflow

If you cannot see it, there should be no problem. Please try to skip that step and collect the default logs anyway.

Thank You for that link. I sent you an email and screenshot.