Configuring global variable in yaml cluster file

Hi,

I am trying to setup a cluster using yaml file. I wonder if it is possible to somehow set leaf_failover_fanout = ‘load_balanced’ (and other global variables) in cluster file so I won’t have to run SET GLOBAL leaf_failover_fanout = ‘load_balanced’; when the cluster is up and ready.

I am following Linux · SingleStore Documentation but this doesnt mention global variables at all.

Thanks in advance.

Hello!

This functionality will be available in Toolbox 1.11.1 (will be released in about two weeks).

You will be able to set some sync variables during the cluster setup from a YAML file. The configuration YAML file has sync_variables: top-level section, under it you’ll be able to specify leaf_failover_fanout: load_balanced. If you specify it along with the top-level parameter high_availability: true the tool will automatically split leaves to availability groups in an optimal way for load balanced.
The sync_variables section will allow you to set leaf_failover_fanout and cluster_name variables (we will expand this list in later releases).

Example of a cluster configuration file

license: <YOUR_LICENSE>
root_password: <ROOT_PASSWORD>
high_availability: true
hosts:
 <HOSTS_AND_NODES>
sync_variables:
     leaf_failover_fanout: load_balanced