I understand the technical matters as below, and I would like anybody to confirm that they are correct.
- Directory of transaction logs files: …/data/logs
- The size of the transaction logs file is set by snapshot-trigger-size.
- Regardless of the setting, two 256 MB files per partition are pre-generated.
- Therefore, a minimum of 512 MB per partition is required for transaction logging.
- The columnstore is stored as files under the “data/blogs” directory.
- The Row-segment of the columnstore table is saved as a single file.
- The data in this file is sorted and stored by columnstore key column.
- During INSERT/LOAD DATA/UPDATE, the columnstore file where the data will be stored is newly created (by background merger).
Thanks in advance.