Error 1706 er_memsql_feature_lockdown

I got an error while trying to examine with CREATE MATERIALIZED RESULT TABLE query.

I tried to execute this query in SingleStore Studio:

create materialized result table result_tbl_name as select * from db_name.tb_name;

But I got this error:

ERROR 1706 ER_MEMSQL_FEATURE_LOCKDOWN: Feature ‘CREATE RESULT TABLE on aggregator with non-leaf plan’ is not supported by SingleStore.

and the query can not be executed.

Can you tell me which error that was?. My deployment is an on-premise type with SingleStore Operator, version 8.1.17, deployed on Openshift Container Platform

Result tables are an internal query execution concept relevant to inter-leaf operations for user queries.
The user-facing analog would be a temp table.

Create materialized result table is only supported for queries that can be fully executed on the leaves. There are multiple possible reasons for a query to not able to execute fully on the leaves. For the query here there are two main possibilities:

1. The table is a reference table (need to have a sharded table to execute on leaves)
  2. The user is on an old version (before one of 7.6.32, 7.8.37, 8.0.25, or 8.1.21) that doesn’t have this fix Log in with Atlassian account. Prior to that fix, we would be applying the limit configured by studio, which prevents the query from fully executed on the leaves (since the limit needs to be applied globally).

I upgraded to version 8.1.21 and it solved my problem. Thank you very much.

1 Like