How can I install a specific SingleStore DB version?

Hello.
The customer wants to create a new cluster installing SingleStore 7.3 DB version.
I see that the latest is 7.5. How can I specify a particular version during the installation process? I think that if I perform an online installation I will get the latest (i.e. 7.5) by default. The requirement is to install the 7.3.

Thanks.

Hi @novalis83,

Just use --version 7.3 as an option with SingleStore tools (sdb-deploy).

If you want a specific patch release, you can specify --version x.y.z also. Just specifying x.y gets you the latest patch release for x.y.

Eric

Thank you for replying.
Say I want performing an online 7.3 cluster deployment so I will have to run these commands

sudo yum-config-manager --add-repo https://release.memsql.com/production/rpm/x86_64/repodata/memsql.repo && \

sudo yum install -y singlestore-client singlestoredb-toolbox singlestoredb-studio

Which version do I have to specify here?

You can just install the latest version of SingleStore toolbox. That’s what that yum install command will do. Toolbox has sdb-deploy and sdb-admin inside of it.

When you run sdb-deploy to install SingleStore DB, you pass --version x.y or --version x.y.z to it as an argument, to specify the version you want. For example, a script to install SingleStore DB might contain this line, if $1 is an argument that contains the desired version (in x.y or x.y.z format).

memsql-deploy install --version $1 --yes