I read below mentioned steps in memsql docs regarding kafka pipeline and its saying that system will auto distribute data based upon Kafka partition so my question is this if i provide Shard key so how data would be distributed in memsql side?
Following steps occur when you start a Kafka pipeline:
- The MemSQL cluster’s master aggregator connects to the Kafka lead broker and requests metadata about the Kafka cluster. This metadata includes information about the Kafka cluster’s brokers, topics, and partitions.
- The master aggregator parses the metadata and learns that there are four partitions spread across two Kafka brokers. The master aggregator decides how to process Kafka topics, which are groups of partitions.
- The master aggregator assigns leaf node partitions to Kafka partitions and sets the leaf nodes’ configuration. One important configuration detail is the maximum number of offsets to read per batch. Once configured, each leaf node in the cluster effectively becomes a Kafka consumer. At a lower level, each partition in a leaf node is paired with a partition in a Kafka broker.
- Once a leaf node’s partitions have been paired with Kafka partitions, each leaf node in the cluster begins extracting data directly from the Kafka brokers. The leaf nodes individually manage which message offsets have been read from a given Kafka partition.
- Offsets are ingested in batches, and the maximum number per batch is specified in the engine variables. When an extracted batch has successfully read its offset data, the batch is then optionally transformed and finally loaded into the destination table.