How to change IP addresses of all nodes in the cluster?

Hello,

I am stuck on this issue. One of my customers cloned the production cluster (1 MA + 2 LEAVES) (MEMSQL 6.8) and started a new cluster on a different network out of it for testing purposes. Production and testing environments don’t communicate each other. Unfortunately the new cluster still has the production ip addresses. How can I change them?
Please refer to the attached picture where I am showing you the results of memsqlctl list-nodes, memsqlctl show-aggregators and memsqlctl show-leaves run against the new cluster. It’s still pointing to the old IP addresses

• 192.168.20.130 → MA,
  • 192.168.20.133 → LEAF 1
  • 192.168.20.134 → LEAF 2

I want to change them to the following IP addresses

• 10.198.200.130 → MA,
  • 10.198.200.133 → LEAF 1
  • 10.198.200.134 → LEAF 2

I couldn’t find a similar walkthrough for 6.8 MemSQL and I can’t replicate the same steps as here (for 7.1): Changing an IP Address - SingleStore Documentation

The only command I am able to run is memsqlctl. Neither memsql-ops nor sdb-admin are available on the server.
Please can you describe the steps I should follow to change the IP addresses?

Here is some documentation related to your question. It requires sdb-admin though.

It might be simpler just to do a backup, script out the users & grants, restore the backup on a new cluster, then recreate the users & grants. You can export users & grants with sdb-admin dump

Hello @hanson.

I managed to change the leaves IP addresses (via remove + add leaf commands). As you can see they point to the new IPs. But I cannot find a way to update the master aggregator’s IP. I want it to get 10.198.200.130 but it is still 192.168.20.130.

I add that running memsqlctl remove-aggregator --host 192.168.20.130 I get

Error 1749: You are attempting to remove the master aggregator

Please can you help me with this last step?

Thank you

I don’t know what you could do. Maybe you could add a child aggregator, then promote it to master, then drop the old one, but I don’t know if that would succeed given the state the cluster is in. I’ll ask somebody else to take a look at this but don’t know for sure if there is a solution.

Apparently I can’t promote a node to master as soon as a master already exists. And if I try to remove the aggregator (that is the master) I get an error because I am trying to remove the mast aggregator.

Any other ideas guys? Thank you.

This could be relevant.

hello @novalis83 have you solved? I have same problem here at 7.3.17. I’m trying to add a child aggregator but it’s identified as master and I can’t.

Thank you.

is it possible to receive right instruction for 7.3.17 to how to change aggregator IP address?

All leaves goes well for me, but I’m having some many problems to change a simple IP that it’s really frustrating