I'm new here. Let me introduce myself

Hi there, I’m Julie Brancik.

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am the new Head of Community for SingleStore. I’ve been building technical communities for over (yikes!) 10 years now. I have built communities at General Dynamics, Plex Systems, and Akamai Technologies. Before that, let’s just say, I built a lot of websites.

I’m based out of the Detroit Metro Area, where soda is called pop and little hamburgers are called sliders. Yes, I have met Kid Rock. No, I have not met Eminem. I’d say I have a strong Michigan accent, as I tend to draw out my vowels… like instead of saying Mom, I say "maaahm.” Just had to warn you about that one, in case you hear me on video or in a webinar. :wink:

My goal is to make the SingleStore Community one of the best places for SingleStore developers, users, and anyone interested in databases to connect and engage in conversations. I focus on communication, outreach, event planning, and pretty much anything regarding the support you need with our products. To put a finer point on it, my role is to make sure that you get the information and resources you need to be successful.

My current focus is the utility of the forum and community hub. I’m also working with our Developer Evangelist, Rob Richardson (@robrich), to plan a Developer Day (DevDay) event tentatively scheduled for mid-April. On the horizon, we’d like to create a recognition program to thank our loyal community members. Would you be interested in a program like that?

I would love to hear your feedback on what you think we can improve in our community. What types of content would you like to see? How can we make your experience better? We need to focus our resources on what matters most to you.

Please take our Community Satisfaction Survey. It’s open today and your opinion matters! I’m inviting and empowering you to be part of this community’s journey.

Follow the Community and Announcements categories. Big things are coming to the community, make sure you are in the know! It’s the best means I have to directly connect with you to let you know what’s happening.

And one last thing…. feel free to introduce yourself below!

1 Like

Welcome aboard, Julie!

1 Like

Welcome, I am sure that by now you got the benefit you need

Hi; just signed a Managed contract, so I am a new customer! I already follow all channels; I like the many articles published on the site too. Maybe a specific “self-training” part can be created; I see the self paced training videos but sometimes there are questions on the videos, not sure where to go with these? Would be nice if there is a Topic per video on the self paced video where you can ask questions.
Furthermore, welcome @Julie !

Yes, the Self-training part must be created.
Best

Hello Everyone. My name is Kay Kelly and I am from Los Angeles. Where you from?/