Incremental backup on NAS storage fails

Hi All,
I was trying to take incremental backup of my database to NAS storage. But command fails with below error.PFB command and error message . I am using singlestore db version 7.3.8 .Could you please help me on this.

sdb-admin create-backup -r “file:/NAS” DATABASE1 --backup-type init --backup-suffix week_1

unknown flag: --backup-type

Hi!
Can you please run this command with “-vvv” flag at the end and send me the full output?
I actually think something wrong with your path to repo value, it should be smth like “sdb-admin create-backup -r file:///NAS DATABASE1 …” without quotes around “file:/NAS”. Please look at our docs Using Storage Repositories with Backups · SingleStore Documentation here, try what I suggested above and let me know the result.

Thanks for the details. I already tried NAS path without quotes but didnt work. Also tried now with -vvv option but getting same error.PFB screenshot

please run
sdb-admin create-backup --backup-type init -r file:/NAS DATABASE1 --backup-suffix week_1

and send me the output.

I’m sure the problem is in value of -r flag, and not in --backup-type.

Also, please send the output of this command:

sdb-admin list-backups -r file:/NAS --no-cache

Hello @faijaz1990!
Could you please also share the Toolbox version that you are using? ( consider using the sdb-admin version command to discover the version )
Please upgrade Toolbox to version 1.11.7 or greater to use --backup-type flag.

Hi,
I tried above commands but getting same output.

Toolbox version I am using is 1.11.2 .I am using singlestore DB version 7.3.8. Will DB version 7.3.8 support if I upgrade toolbox version alone to 1.11.7 or greater.

Hi!
Sure, you can safely upgrade the toolbox version.

Thanks a lot @posadcha-ua for confirmation.

I have upgraded toolbox and I am not getting that error now.But I am getting below error while running backup. I cannot give full permission to root directory as ssh passwordless connection will not work if I give any permission greater than 700 to /root dir. Is there any option to explicitly pass working directory to any other directory please?

But just for testing purpose I gave permission to root dir. So permission error has gone but still getting command error.