Inject Kubernetes Secret "ImagePullSecrets" to memsql-cluster.yaml

Hi Teams

How we inject Kubernetes secret (Docker Registry Credentials) to memsql-cluster.yaml
this is a CRD’s so i don’t know where to put that secret in the manifest.

We face this error :
You have reached your pull rate limit. You may increase the limit by authenticating and upgrading: Understanding Your Docker Hub Rate Limit | Docker

To solve this, we need to authenticated on docker hub using secrets that must be injected to Statefulsets.

Unfortunately, the cluster definition is CRD, so as i said, i don’t know where to put this secrets.
Please advice team, regarding we use this on production

Thanks You

Hi @rizvi.area,

You can make the necessary changes to the service account so that the service account will have the credentials embedded.

At a high level here are the steps:

First, create the secret as described in Images | Kubernetes

You can test that this works with any kind of pod or deployment config where you pull from an image on dockerhub.

Then define the image pull secrets for the service account as described in Configure Service Accounts for Pods | Kubernetes

If necessary you can modify the memsql-operator service account which is defined in the rbac.yaml config.

Another option is to download the container image and use your own self-hosted container repo.

Lastly, we’ve updated the CR image pull policy to use IfNotPresent for the memsql/node containers on our latest memsql/operator build 1.2.5-83e8133a which will reduce the number of pull requests – it’s probably a good idea you change the image pull policy in the operator deployment to IfNotPresent for your environment as well.

Hi @cynn thank you very much for the response and the solutions.
Thanks Again