Loading a CSV into SingleStore DB

Hi All,

I am new to SingleStore.

I have been given a singlestore database by my customer. I am accessing the database through SQL workbench for now. customer has given me the credentials.

I need to replicate an oracle stored procedure in SingleStore. For that I am first creating the similar tables in SingleStore that already exist in Oracle and Stored procedure is using them.

There are some datatype differences between oracle and SingleStore that I have taken care already.

Now I have a problem. How do I transfer the data from oracle to SingleStore? I tried exporting data from oracle in a CSV file and importing the same in workbench. but this is taking a lot of time.

pls suggest other alternatives.

Thanks
Himanshu

If you (or your customer) are paying customers (not using the Free edition) then you can use SingleStore Replicate to move data over from Oracle.

It can save quite a bit of labor. E.g. some of our sales engineers reported that what would have taken 2 weeks using dumps to CSV could be done in 2-3 days with Replicate.

Have your customer contact their account team (or team@singlestore.com) to get access to the software.

Thank you @hanson for your response. it was a good suggestion and I recommended the same to customer. They are working on getting the licensed SingleStore Replicate and then we will try this again. Hopefully this should resolve the issue.

Thanks
Himanshu

Thanks for the update.

1 Like