MemSQL Liquibase DATETIME_PRECISION

Trying to use Liquibase as version control of my database. Unfortunately, it gives me this error Unknown column 'DATETIME_PRECISION' in 'field list. Does anyone experience this before?

I looked it up and seems that MySQL DATETIME_PRECISION is only available in MySQL version 5.6.4 and higher. I know singlestore should work as a MySQL DB when talking about integration tools like Liquibase.

I’m using memsql/node:latest Docker image.

Any thoughts?

Hi @emanuelbesliu,

I’m afraid that our information_schema.COLUMNS table doesn’t have the DATETIME_PRECISION column in it, which is causing the failure. Is there any way to direct Liquidbase to ignore that column or is there a way to tell Liquidbase to use a previous version of MySQL that didn’t have that column?

Cheers,
Julie

1 Like

Hi @emanuelbesliu,
I wonder if you can try something for me to see if it resolves the issue that you’ve experienced. Can you please try to set the SingleStore compat_version system variable to “5.5.58”? Please let me know if this works for you.
Cheers,
Julie

1 Like

Hi @emanuelbesliu,
We have updated our information schema table to include DATETIME_PRECISION and have tested Liquibase successfully. Is it possible for you to upgrade your SingleStoreDB cluster to 7.8.5 or above and test again?
Cheers,
Julie

2 Likes

try to downgrade mariadb-java-client lower than 3 version. For me 2.7.6 works after same problem