Monitoring with Prometheus on k8s cluster

Hello,

I’ve installed Singlestore on kind k8s cluster.

kubectl get pods -o wide
NAME READY STATUS RESTARTS AGE IP NODE NOMINATED NODE READINESS GATES
node-sdb-cluster-leaf-ag1-0 1/1 Running 0 29h 10.244.0.12 kind-control-plane
node-sdb-cluster-master-0 2/2 Running 0 29h 10.244.0.11 kind-control-plane
sdb-operator-d788854d8-87xl2 1/1 Running 0 2d1h 10.244.0.6 kind-control-plane

How can I set up monitoring with Prometheus?

With this kubectl exec -it node-sdb-cluster-master-0 – bash I’m on the master node. But I can’t install anything there bcs there is neither root password nor sudo … There is no Toolbox either…

Wd be grateful for any hints, clarifications on how to monitor the k8s installation.

Thank you!

@andrei.kirilenkov - Did you happen to review the steps to set up monitoring, in this doc - Monitor Your Kubernetes Cluster · SingleStore Documentation ? If you have already reviewed and yet have difficulty to configure monitoring, please share the errors you got at the respective steps, so we will be able to help

Hello,
thanks for the reply.

I’ll open a separate thread about monitoring acc to the documentation.

In this thread, plz, clarify if Singlestore in kind k8s can be monitored with separately installed Prometheus?

@andrei.kirilenkov - It should be possible to use Prometheus. To setup monitoring using prometheus high level steps would include:

• Install Prometheus on Kubernetes cluster separately from S2
  • Follow the steps from our monitoring guide to set up monitoring exporter, which will expose the metrics in Prom format.
  • Specify in Prometheus configs to consume metrics from the exposed exporter

While you could use Prometheus, we recommend using Singlestore, as we are a real time analytics DB which is super awesome for this use case and you additionally get out of the box monitoring dashboards to observe your SinglestoreDB

Thanks a lot!

I have to set up Prometheus monitoring to support the customers who for some reasons are using it.