Power BI Connector

Hello @jprice,

Thank you for your anwer and feedback. Compare to other vendors it’s even impressive. I will test it more in details next week. I have just installed the package and I can confirm that the issue is resolved.

Regards
Emmanuel

1 Like

hi @jprice, I tried to use the latest Power BI desktop version and also downloaded the connector - SingleStoreDB Cloud · SingleStore Documentation

However, when i start PowerBI, i am getting the following error

1 Like

Hi @sdevaiah,

Thanks for your post. We are working on getting the connector deployed in Power BI natively through the Certified Connector program. For now, you need to change the Data Extensions setting in Power BI to allow extensions to load without warning as shown in the screenshot attached.

1 Like

Thanks @jprice, That worked for now. Please do let us know Once this is certified.

1 Like

That’s great news! I will update this thread once it is certified.

1 Like

I am able to connect to Singlestore in DirecQuery mode using Power BI Desktop. But when the same report is publised to PBI Service, errors out “Couldn’t load the model schema associated with this report. Make sure you have a connection to the server, and try again”

The Ent gateway connection is online and the data sources are online as well.

Wonder if DirectQuery to Singlestore from PBI Service is even supported. Documentation says its not supported for personal gateways.

1 Like

Hi narendra! :wave: Thanks for joining our community!
I’m sorry you are having this difficulty. I’ll get a team member to double check and see if there is any work around we can suggest.
We appreciate your patience.
In the meantime, what version are you running?

1 Like

Hi @narendra_reddy,
Can you please try to pull the latest version of the Power BI connector from our documentation? Please follow closely the instructions for upgrading the connector and make sure to upgrade the connector on all of the Deskop and Gateway machines.
Please let us know if this resolves your issues!
Cheers,
Julie

2 Likes

Hi @ahmedelnahrawy,

Welcome to the SingleStore community! Can you please provide some more information? Are you using Power BI Service or Desktop? What version? What authentication mode are you using in Power BI?

Cheers,
Julie

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply @jprice everything is solved.

2 Likes

That’s great news! Thanks for responding.

2 Likes