Run sql file using python client

Hi Team,

I want to run sql file containing multiple queries. I am currently using mysql connector which allows to specify a sql file as input. Is there similar way available for python connector? I couldn’t find any related documentation available for it.
Also this link is broken on python connector documentation page.

Hi, sorry about the broken link, I’ll get that fixed on the doc. I believe the URL should be: GitHub - singlestore-labs/singlestoredb-python: Python interface to the SingleStore database and workspace management APIs

Let me know if you run into any issues.

Thanks @micah for sharing correct link. Can you also answer about running sql file?

Thanks for sharing the link.

Thank you for reaching out to our team. I understand that you are looking for a way to run an SQL file containing multiple queries using the Python connector, but you couldn’t find relevant documentation on this topic.

The Python connector for MySQL does not have a direct method to execute an entire SQL file. However, you can achieve the desired functionality by reading the SQL file and executing each query separately. Here’s an example of how you can accomplish this:

pythonCopy code

import mysql.connector

# Establish a connection to the MySQL server
conn = mysql.connector.connect(
    host="your_host",
    user="your_user",
    password="your_password",
    database="your_database"
)

# Create a cursor to execute queries
cursor = conn.cursor()

# Open and read the SQL file
with open('your_sql_file.sql', 'r') as file:
    sql_queries = file.read()

# Split the SQL file content into individual queries
queries = sql_queries.split(';')

# Iterate over the queries and execute them
for query in queries:
    try:
        if query.strip() != '':
            cursor.execute(query)
            conn.commit()
            print("Query executed successfully!")
    except Exception as e:
        print("Error executing query:", str(e))

# Close the cursor and the database connection
cursor.close()
conn.close()

In this example, you need to replace the placeholders (your_host, your_user, your_password, your_database) with the appropriate values for your MySQL server. Also, make sure to provide the correct path to your SQL file (your_sql_file.sql).

Regarding the broken link on the Python connector documentation page, it would be helpful if you could provide the specific link or provide more details about the issue so that we can assist you better.