SingleStore as a SQL Server linked server

I received a request to compare data between a SingleStore database and a SQL Server database. The QA analyst would like to use SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), connect to the SQL Server, and query SingleStore as a linked server. While I am no longer a SQL Server DBA, I was asked to help create the link but have had no success.

Has anyone created a SQL Server linked server with SingleStore as the target? If so, what was required to do so?

Has

How did you try to create the link?

I know folks have got this working before, but I don’t know the steps they took to do it. Following the instructions for setting up a linked server to MySQL should work. Something like: Create a linked server to MySQL from SQL Server
(but using newer MySQL drivers. The MySQL 5.5, 5.6 or 5.7 drivers are better then MySQL 8.0).

I’m in a strange situation where I’m the most knoweledgable and experienced SQL Server DBA, but I have no DBA privilleges – I do data architecture and darawarehouse design. I do not even have permissions to see the link, however, we created an ODBC connection, which worked, then created a linked server using “Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers.” It did not work.I wil ltry your suggestion.