SingleStore & CentOS Steam 9

Hi Guys
I’m using SingleStore on CentOS 8 but CentOS 8 reached its EOL in 2021-12-31. I tried to setup the CentOS Steam 9 for replacement but I unable to install SingleStore on.

Anyone know, Does CentOS Steam 9 have support Singlestore?

Best regards
Cuong

1 Like

Welcome to our community cuongbsc! :wave: Glad to have you join us!

What SingleStore version are you trying to install:

• Managed or self-hosted version?
  • Which version number?

Hello,

• CentOS Steam 9 should work but we do not officially support it (if you go with the default Linux kernel is >= 3.10)
  • You can use the RPM deployment method (or TAR if you want more flexibility)

We recommend RedHat/Alma or Debian/Ubuntu because those are established distributions with plenty of packages in their repositories and new (or relatively new) kernels.

Alma has the same packages as CentOs so it can be a good replacement is supported. All of our docker images are now based on Alma.

Our Singlestore version 7.3.6 with HA configuration & running on CentOS 8.
I want to migrate the SingleStore to other OS and then upgrade to latest version.
What’s the best solution for that? Built new the OS then replicate the data to there?

Best regards
Cuong

How about AlmaLinux? is it free?
We can believe it?

Best regards
Cuong

Hi,
Yes I think the best solution is to migrate to an other OS , build latest SingleStore version and replicate your data.
I would recommend to use BACKUP and RESTORE command to move your data.
AlmaLinux is free , it has regular updates, better for security and reliable linux distribution.

1 Like

Hi
Can we upgrade the CentOS 8 to AlmaLinux?
It’ll be take time & resource if build new OS/cluster and backup/restore database on

Best regards

Wanted to chime in, Rocky Linux 8 was our replacement for Centos and have not had any issue for over a year.

1 Like