SingleStore Docker to SingleStore Cluster Synchronization

Hi,
I was wondering what would be the best approach to synchronize data between SingleStore on Docker on a laptop which capture data in a closed local network and need to upload / synch the data to a main SingleStore cluster (Running in Azure) when Internet is available.
An .Net application run on the laptop which interacts with Docker/Singlestore. When off site in a local network, the App captures data , provide analysis. Then data needs to be sent to main Cluster.

Solution 1: Backup and Restore
Solution 2: Replication? (Destination would be read only, right)
Solution 3: Select into OUTFILE? (Select into outfield Azura Blob not supported)
Thank you

I wouldn’t recommend Replication without a dedicated network connection that’s almost always up.

I’d recommend doing it with some application logic, e.g. write it to a file on the laptop with SELECT INTO OUTFILE, upload the file to Azure blob store, then use SingleStore pipelines to load the data from the file into your target table. There are any number of ways to do it, but what I suggested I think is a good place to start.

Hi @hanson
I was thinking exactly the same. Select into out file, copy to Blob Azure , and have a pipeline ingesting. Thank you.

1 Like