Specify which databases to back up with k8s Operator

I have singlestore cluster with several databases which are running in kubernetes.

I have configured the SDB Operator to manage my backups to S3, as described in your documentation (Backups · SingleStore Documentation), but I can’t see a way of specifying/restricting which databases it will back up.

For example, I have a metrics database which I don’t want to back up.

I asked your SQrL bot, but as far as I can tell it was hallucinating the required options :smiley: !

Thank You Ben for reaching out. Let me check internally and follow-up on your question.

1 Like

Hi @mmanthena - any update on this?

Thanks,

If you want to backup individual databases to S3, you can do so using the BACKUP DATABASE SQL command.

Hi @gkafity,

Thanks, yes we had been using the manual method, and was looking to set this up with the Operator, to keep all of our configuration inside the kubernetes cluster rather than running on various scripts.

Can I take it from your reply that this is not something that is possible within the operator?

Correct - as of today the operator managed backup is of the entire environment. The parameters it can be passed are listed in the docs you linked above, which does not include which DB’s to backup.

1 Like