Table and query filters in Historical Workload Monitoring

Hi!

It would be incredibly useful if we could filter the “Historical Workload Monitoring” by more parameters like:

1. A particular database table. Eg: I want to optimize how the table “users” from our database “awesomeapp”, and it would be useful to see only queries to that table.
  2. A simple text contains on the query plan, something like where query_plan LIKE '%blablabla%'
  3. Type of query: select, update, insert, delete, etc

Thanks!

Here’s a little detail on the metrics database which if you are running an on premise version you might be able to get access directly. I don’t see it exposed anywhere in the cloud and you point is good to be able to query by table as well. I’d also like to see if it could expose a dollar price associated with the query plan.

Oh yes! Easy access to the cost of each query, query plan, table or database would be very helpful.

I’m running a cloud version, but thanks for sharing the video nonetheless

1 Like

@fgilio - Thanks for the feedback, I can see how these additional parameters will be helpful to better analyze your workloads! Will add it to our list of feature requests.

Thanks!

I’ve been exporting daily CSVs from “Metrics by Query Plan” and post processing to achieve something similar this.
Even if very cumbersome, I can say that analyzing table resource usage in this way has proven to be very insightful for us.