The durability setting in "replicate database" does not work

Hi,

Run ‘replicate database’ does not set the durability setting.
Why not?

memsql> create database test with sync durability sync replication;
Query OK, 1 row affected (3.58 sec)

memsql> select * from information_schema.distributed_databases where database_name='test';
+-------------+---------------+----------------+------------+-------------+---------+--------------------+-----------+
| DATABASE_ID | DATABASE_NAME | NUM_PARTITIONS | CLUSTER_ID | REMOTE_NAME | IS_SYNC | IS_SYNC_DURABILITY | IS_PAUSED |
+-------------+---------------+----------------+------------+-------------+---------+--------------------+-----------+
|        1002 | test          |              8 |          0 |             |       1 |                  1 |         0 |
1 row in set (0.02 sec)

memsql> replicate database test2 with async durability from 'root':'memsql'@127.0.0.1:3306/test;
ERROR 1706 (HY000): Feature 'durability setting different from primary database' is not supported by MemSQL.

memsql> select @@memsql_version;
+------------------+
| @@memsql_version |
+------------------+
| 7.0.14           |
+------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Thanks in advance.

Hello

Please see our docs where the exact setting between master and slave database has been explained.

Let us know if that answers your question.

Thanks,

Thanks for your answer!!

I have already read the docs.

The document contains:

If the slave database uses synchronous replication and WITH {SYNC | ASYNC} DURABILITY is not specified, the master database ’s durability setting is used . If the slave database uses asynchronous replication, WITH SYNC DURABILITY cannot be specified and asynchronous durability is used.

I tested setting “async durability” because the master database is “sync replication”.

However, the following error message was output.

ERROR 1706 (HY000): Feature ‘durability setting different from primary database’ is not supported by MemSQL.

I think the slave database should be set to “async durability”.

Is that correct?
Or I wonder why not.

Thanks again in advance.

Hello kyoungho.kum

Thank you so much for bringing this topic to our attention. We realize that our docs can use some more clarity for this and we are working to fix the docs soon.
In the meantime, here is the behavior of the command as of now.

The syntax technically still exists. However, we just don’t support replicating with different durability settings - you’ll get an error saying it’s not supported if you try. The syntax still works if you specify the same durability level (the default).

Thanks again,
Ramesh Narayanan