Supplemental Forum Support Announcement ⛑

Salutations SingleStore Friends!

We have an exciting announcement to make and I’m thrilled to share with you the updates to our community forums. We’ve been working hard the past few months to make this community forum easy to navigate and in the spirit of continuous improvement, we’re not done yet. Actually, we’re just getting started!

You may remember me from your inbox. Hi, I’m Maria! The past few months, I’ve been sending you each a personal welcome message when you joined our forum. I admit, sometimes it’s a few days later, but that’s because it’s not automated and I am reaching out to you one by one. I want to make sure you know that we’re here to help! I love learning about all your interesting projects and the cool things you are utilizing SingleStore for. It’s been great getting to know you!

At the beginning of this year, we revamped the forum. We created an inclusive Code of Conduct, a SingleStore Forum Guide and digestible forum categories so community members could learn from each other, ask questions and offer support. Since then, the proof is in the pudding as our awesome community members have reported to find the forums a useful and valuable resource!

One of the most important metrics for our community forums is the first time response metric. We’ve been tracking the first time response and the data shows there’s been a great improvement in our engagement. Time for first response has been reduced from 36 hrs down to just 8 hrs! Woohoo! You’re all amazing and this is your collective win! This has been the wonderful accomplishment of our community members working together to share their experiences and help benefit our fellow SingleStore friends.

Now, to make our community forums even better, we’re currently putting a system in place to supplement forum responses when community members cannot answer a post. We’ll be keeping a closer eye on the forum and providing supplemental responses from our SingleStore engineers and experts. We will try our best to address each forum question as soon as possible. This is a free support program we’re happy to offer. Should you require urgent support, the rapid response paid support option is located here.

We still encourage community members to be proactive first time respondents and try answering questions first because this will strengthen communication skill sets and be an immense value to others. We all have a variety of diverse perspectives and sharing our approaches and ways of working on the forums in response to our fellow community members is the best way to sharpen our community.

This exciting development proves our community is quickly evolving! With the combination of our community members providing answers and our internal support system addressing the forum questions, we’re stoked to make the forums even better!

Thank you all for your attention, participation and engagement! It’s been a pleasure getting to know you and seeing our community grow! Happy to collect any feedback and feel free to contact me directly. Cheers!

2 Likes