Data model design for real time UI operations

Hi All, @hanson,

I am new to SingleStore.

I need to create a project design and requirement is as below

• We need to build a UI ( React JS )
  • User needs to do some configuration on UI which will be saved in SingleStore DB.
  • SingleStore table data will be shown on UI and user can make changes to it.
  • These changes needs to be saved to underlying SingleStore table and within 2 seconds it should be visible on UI.
  • User should also be able to select data based on filters provided on UI.

The issue is

Table data is huge. Somewhere in 500 GB.

I am afraid that when user make some some changes on UI or apply filters , saving these changes in the table and again fetching the updated data on UI make take some time.

This will not give good user experience as they would expect changes to be visible on UI in couple of seconds.

Can you pls suggest what kind of data model I should create for such requirement.

Thanks
Himanshu

I’d start with Universal Storage, which is our columnstore format that has now been enhanced so it can handle transactional-style workloads in addition to analytics. See:

You’ll need to choose sort and shard keys appropriately, and maybe add a hash index, to get the desired speed, probably.

If you have adequate budget to provision enough RAM to hold all the data, rowstore could be even faster for this kind of app. Start with Universal Storage and see how it goes first.

Thank you @hanson for the quick response.
I will explore all the steps and links given by you and get back to you if I have more question.

Thanks
Himanshu