It all started back in 2019 when Jake Bernardes was assigned to test SingleStore’s security posture. He managed to hack his way into the building and into a meeting room and was eventually hired to lead a security transformation program at SingleStore that covered the product, the managed service, the workforce, the facilities, and the business overall.
Obtaining SOC 2 certification is hard. It’s even harder to do while obtaining ISO 27001 certification. It’s even harder when also working on privacy compliance efforts for CCPA / GDPR & meeting the requirements of HIPAA. Throw in a global pandemic that halted all travel, a hiring freeze, two new offices, and other strategic initiatives.18 months later it’s been one hell of a journey.
Come hear Jake Bernardes, our Head of Information Security, as he walks us through the certification journey at SingleStore and the lessons learned.
SingleStore obtained certification in SOC 2 Type 2 & ISO 27001 in June 2021 and self-certified compliance to GDPR, CCPA & HIPAA as well. Join us to learn how we managed this with a small team in a rapidly changing company as we share insights, advice, and lessons learned along the way.
Join us for a 45-minute interactive session, with Singlestore, to learn more about:
- The SingleStore journey to SOC 2 Type 2 & ISO 27001 certifications
- Our approach to compliance, certification, privacy, and technical security
- SingleStoreDB Cloud security features and roadmap
- Lessons learned and advice on how to ramp up a security program in a high growth company
- Jake Bernardes, Head of Information Security, SingleStore