SingleStore Accelerates Growth as Market Expands to Real-Time Data
Company celebrates two year anniversary of general availability of the SingleStore distributed, in-memory, relational database
SAN FRANCISCO, CA - April 22, 2015 - SingleStore (www.singlestore.com), the leader in real-time databases for transactions and analytics, today celebrates the company’s significant market growth and technology innovations in real-time, in-memory data analytics. This month also marks the company’s two year anniversary of SingleStore general availability.
SingleStore Accelerates Growth as Market Expands to Real-Time Data - Click to Tweet
Since emerging in 2011 as a Y Combinator graduate, and the subsequent launch of the industry’s fastest and most scalable in-memory database two years ago, SingleStore has accelerated adoption of its in-memory database, enabling modern businesses to process real-time data and analytics. Key milestones include:
- Since launching in 2013, rapidly growing customer engagements with more than 40+ enterprise customers such as Comcast, Samsung, Zynga and Shutterstock
- $50M in funding from leading investors Accel Partners and Khosla Ventures, as well as a strategic investment from In-Q-Tel (IQT)
- Recognition within "Cool Vendors in In-Memory Computing Technologies, 2014” report by Gartner, Inc. According to Gartner, “In-Memory Computing (IMC) technologies support the agility and large-scale, fast data processing needed to succeed in the digital era”
- Growth of its employee base to over 50 employees and the addition of database industry veterans such as former Oracle and Vertica executive Jerry Held as executive chairman; former Twitter and Salesforce executive Chris Fry as strategic advisor; and former Fusion-io executive Gary Orenstein as CMO
- Expansion of the SingleStore platform to meet market needs, including the addition of a disk and flash-optimized column store that integrates with the existing in-memory row store to provide a single database for real-time and historical analytics; geospatial capabilities that help customers integrate critical location data; and the SingleStore Spark connector to operationalize Spark results
- Expansion of a data-driven partner ecosystem that enabled SingleStore to demonstrate the power of its platform:
- Worked with Pinterest to showcase operationalizing Spark to derive real-time data insights: https://www.singlestore.com/media-hub/releases/memsql-and-pinterest-showcase-operationalizing-spark/
- Worked with Esri to showcase the power of SingleStore geospatial capabilities through open data compiled from 170 million real-world New York City taxi rides: https://www.singlestore.com/media-hub/releases/geospatial-media-alert/
According to Massimo Pezzini, VP and Gartner Fellow at Gartner, Inc. “Speed, scale and real-time insights enabled by in-memory computing are fueling digital business innovation...New use cases requiring faster analysis of data on the move, such as machine-generated data or transactional data, challenge existing information infrastructure for analytics designed for managing historical data.”1
“Since day one, our mission has been to bring to market a simple, fast and scalable real-time database solution to solve today’s big data problems,” said Eric Frenkiel, co-founder and CEO of SingleStore. “We are thrilled that SingleStore continues to deliver database innovation, helping businesses drive real impact within today’s interconnected world and empowering them to be more responsive with their data in real time.”
SingleStore is the leader in real-time databases for transactions and analytics.
As a purpose built database for instant access to real-time and historical data, SingleStore uses a familiar SQL interface and a horizontally scalable distributed architecture that runs on commodity hardware or in the cloud.
Innovative enterprises use SingleStore to better predict and react to opportunities by extracting previously untapped value in their data to drive new revenue.
SingleStore is proven in production environments across hundreds of nodes in high velocity Big Data environments.
Based in San Francisco, SingleStore is a Y Combinator company funded by prominent investors including Accel Partners, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital and Data Collective. Follow us @SingleStoreDB or visit at www.singlestore.com.
1"Architecting New Velocity Needs With In-Memory Computing and Big Data,” by Massimo Pezzini, VP and Gartner Fellow at Gartner; https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/architecting-new-velocity-needs-in-memory-computing-big-pezzini