The need to simplify data architectures, while being able to provide zero-latency analytics, be exponentially scalable, and exploit cloud platforms has grown. For many years, special-purpose databases have served organizations very well. But for today’s data-intensive applications, just good is no longer good enough. The database-per-workload approach has caused data infrastructure sprawl, which is complex and costly. As the data intensity of modern workloads has grown, so has the problem and now demands a new approach.
A Unified database is emerging as a key solution by bringing together multiple workloads and data types within one unified platform to deliver the speed, scale, and agility that organizations need.
Join us for an interactive webinar to learn more about:
- How organizations should be thinking about database sprawl and simplifying their data architectures
- Introduction and basics of a Unified database
- The impact of including both analytical and transactional workloads in one unified architecture
- How SingleStore uniquely supports multiple workloads with Universal Storage
Rick van der Lans, Industry Analyst, R20/Consultancy
- Rick is a highly-respected independent analyst, consultant, author, and internationally acclaimed lecturer specializing in data architecture, data warehousing, business intelligence, big data, database technology, and data virtualization. He works for R20/Consultancy (www.r20.nl), which he founded in 1987. In 2018, he was selected the sixth most influential BI analyst worldwide by onalytica.com. He has presented countless seminars, webinars, and keynotes at industry-leading conferences.
Rick Negrin, VP of Product, SingleStore