Looking for the fastest way to contribute to the 2022 SingleStore Hackathon? Well, you’re in the right place.
The SingleStore Hackathon Is Now Open
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to get started — and how you can get yourself in the running for $30K in cash prizes, the opportunity to meet with the SingleStore Chief Technology Office (CTO) and staff, promotion within the SingleStore community and exclusive SingleStore swag.
- Head over to our Hackathon website to register by clicking the “Join Hackathon” button. You’ll need to sign up to create a free Devpost account, or log in with an existing account, to complete your registration. This will enable you to receive important updates and to create your submission.
- Signup for a free Hackathon account on SingleStore that will launch in the Cloud with a fully managed database online in minutes. This includes $500 of FREE credits, fully managed service hosted for you on AWS, GCP, or Azure, full developer and administrative access, unlimited databases and users, and full security certifications and industry compliance.
- Create a working software application using SingleStoreDB that fits into one of the five following Hackathon categories:
- Multi-model. Build a multi-model application that supports JSON, geospatial, time-series, or full-text search.
- Hybrid Transaction/Analytical Processing (HTAP). Build an application that requires a high-volume of transactions along with analytical queries on big data and/or streaming data.
- Wasm/WebAssembly. Implement any calculation or function that does not exist in SingleStoreDB today by writing a new Wasm UDF. Alternatively, create a spaceship strategy that competes in the Wasm Space Program. For either, write your code in Rust, C++, or C, and execute it in SingleStoreDB.
- Machine Learning (ML) / Artificial Intelligence (AI). Train and/or execute a ML or AI model entirely within SingleStoreDB.
- Database Migration. Migrate any application to SingleStoreDB.
- Include a link to the application code on GitHub . The code repository may be public or private. If the repository is private, access must be given in the testing instructions provided with your submission. Include all deployment files and testing instructions needed for testing your application.
- Create a video that includes footage explaining your application’s features and functionality through a comprehensive demonstration.
- Include a short overview (100 word limit) and how we can contact you to award any prizes won — LinkedIn profile, Github profile and Twitter accounts are preferred.
- Complete and enter all of the required fields on the “Enter a Submission” page of the Hackathon Website (each a “Submission”) during the Submission Period, and follow all requirements listed on the site.
Here’s all the information developers need to know to create applications using SingleStoreDB — from getting started to migrating applications, to connecting with various application development languages and tools:
- Connect to application development tools such as C/C++, Java, Ruby, ODBC/JDBC, Perl, Python and many more.
- Use SingleStore's Data API to develop custom applications and build seamless integrations with applications.
- Use Management API to create and manage workspaces.
- View samples of concurrent multi-inserts for Bash, C, C# / .NET Core, Java, Node.js and Python.
- Perform operations based on features like time series data analysis, full-text search, geospatial features,and window functions.
- View the SQL command reference.
- Extend SingleStoreDB with SPs, UDFs, TVFs and UDAFs.
Multi-model: Useful resources for building a multi-model application with SingleStoreDB.
|Time Series||Time Series||Real-Time Digital Marketing Demo|
|Geospatial||Geospatial||Global Package Logistics Demo|
|Full-Text Search||Full-Text Search|
|Key-Value Store||How to Build a Key-Value API on SingleStoreDB|
Hybrid Transaction/Analytical Processing (HTAP): Useful resources for building a Hybrid Transaction/Analytical Processing (HTAP) application with SingleStoreDB.
Wasm/Web Assembly: Useful resources for using Wasm within SingleStoreDB.
|SingleStoreDB Wasm Tutorial||Code Engine — Powered by Wasm||Wasm Space Program|
|WRIT: Test Your Wasm|
Machine Learning / AI: Useful resources for working with SingleStoreDB and AI/ML.
Database Migration: Useful resources for migrating an application to SingleStoreDB
|Migrating From MySQL||Load Data From Any Available Data Source||Docker Image for Running SingleStoreDB|
|Migrating From PostgreSQL||Tutorial: Migrating From Another Database|
|Tutorial: Data Warehouse Augmentation|
Register for the SingleStoreDB 2022 Hackathon Today
Our global hackathon is officially open. Register today.
We can’t wait to see what you build.